After three years in development (first shown as a concept in March 2010), Porsche launched the future of the sports car. The production of the mid-engine plug-in hybrid German hypercar began on September 2013.
The Porsche 918 Spyder embodies the traditional Porsche virtue and contains the genetic blueprint for the future, a worthy successor to the vaunted Carrera GT supercar: futuristic and aggressive.
Definitely the incredible performance of the supercar blows our minds. The designers mainly aimed to improve acceleration, at least it can be inferred that reaching the 100 km/h in the final version is 0.2 seconds shorter than the previous prototype: the new time is 2.6 seconds. The hybrid motorization of Porsche 918 is elaborate and made of a racecar-derived 4.6-liter, 608hp central V8 linked with two electric engines at the rear and front and combines a four-wheel-drive system – driving just the front wheels up to 146 mph (the rear motor produces 154hp). The two electric engines are fueled by a 6.8-kWh lithium-ion battery. The combined output of the system is about 880-890 hp.
Drivers can change between front-wheel, rear-wheel, and all-wheel drive. Adaptive suspension, carbon-ceramic brakes, electromechanical steering, and a multi-functional 7-speed PDK automated manual transmission offer a driving experience like no other. The five available drive modes you can pick cruising around the roads in this sensational automobile: E-Power, Hybrid, Sport Hybrid, Race Hybrid, and Hot Lap. A 7-speed gearbox drives power to the rear wheels, meaning high-speed drifting is very possible, you will not be disappointed.
Porsche produced just 918 units of Spyder, had a starting price of $845,000 in the United States where the optional Weissach Package commanded a massive premium of $85,000 for a grand total of $930,000. Nowadays a used Porsche 918 Spyder is listed for $1.2-2.0 million but it’s worth every bucks. Generally speaking the Spyder seems like the best deal of its kind.
|Value for the Money||5 / 5|
|Interior Design||5 / 5|
|Performance||5 / 5|
|Exterior Styling||5 / 5|
- Pagani to celebrate 10th Anniversary of the Huayra at Pebble BeachPagani has revealed its plans for Monterey Car Week 2021. This year, the boutique automaker is celebrating the 10th anniversary of the Huayra and will have an exciting line-up of cars at the show. Pagani will have a display of the most iconic Huayra examples at The Quail on August 13, 2021. The Huayra was the first Pagani model to…
- The Battista at Monterey Car Week | Pininfarina BattistaIf you are dreaming about a clear carbon fiber, all-electric hypercar with an amazing pedigree from a famous Italian automotive design firm, you can now feel comfortable as Automobili Pininfarina is about to unveil the Battista, this Hyper GT will make her US debut at The Quail and Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance during the 2021 edition of the famous Monterey…
- FOUND: 1973 Porsche 911TWelcome to Coffee Walk Ep. 124! Last weekend my team and I headed out East to South Carolina for a barn… well warehouse find that I’ve been chasing for awhile now- a beautiful 1973 Porsche 911T that’s been on blocks since 99′ with a cover on it. Come along with me and Alex and watch us save another classic by…
- The Mulsanne Grand Limousine by Mulliner | NewsBuilt for a world where size does matter, the Mulsanne Grand Limousine by Mulliner was a special commission built for customers in the United Arab Emirates, and while these cars were handbuilt back in 2015, today they are still considered ‘new’ and none of the five that are available for purchase now have ever been registered, these are five-year-old, brand…
- Buying my New Supercar!UltraMotive Shop: https://ultramotiveshop.com/ GAMING CHANNEL: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6ZPEbCzRRUo-58yUkCbsCA/featured Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/jackultramotive/?hl=en Twitter: Tweets by JackUltraMotiv Subscribe 4 More!!! Don’t be afraid to comment! Join our Discord: https://discord.com/invite/GdC483A Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/jackultramotiveyt Xbox Gamertag: JackUltraMotive Keep the comments positive! We’re all here to have a great time!
- Customer Damaged and Repaired Porsche Before Returning ItGo to https://www.helixsleep.com/ssr for up to $200 off your mattress, plus two free pillows. Thanks Helix for sponsoring! Who knew I’d have another first, just when I thought i’d seen it all, it just took one bad customer to come in and remind me how much fun this business is. Home https://www.superspeedersmerch.com An updated Amazon store with products I use.…