After three years in development (first shown as a concept in March 2010), Porsche launched the future of the sports car. The production of the mid-engine plug-in hybrid German hypercar began on September 2013.
The Porsche 918 Spyder embodies the traditional Porsche virtue and contains the genetic blueprint for the future, a worthy successor to the vaunted Carrera GT supercar: futuristic and aggressive.
Definitely the incredible performance of the supercar blows our minds. The designers mainly aimed to improve acceleration, at least it can be inferred that reaching the 100 km/h in the final version is 0.2 seconds shorter than the previous prototype: the new time is 2.6 seconds. The hybrid motorization of Porsche 918 is elaborate and made of a racecar-derived 4.6-liter, 608hp central V8 linked with two electric engines at the rear and front and combines a four-wheel-drive system – driving just the front wheels up to 146 mph (the rear motor produces 154hp). The two electric engines are fueled by a 6.8-kWh lithium-ion battery. The combined output of the system is about 880-890 hp.
Drivers can change between front-wheel, rear-wheel, and all-wheel drive. Adaptive suspension, carbon-ceramic brakes, electromechanical steering, and a multi-functional 7-speed PDK automated manual transmission offer a driving experience like no other. The five available drive modes you can pick cruising around the roads in this sensational automobile: E-Power, Hybrid, Sport Hybrid, Race Hybrid, and Hot Lap. A 7-speed gearbox drives power to the rear wheels, meaning high-speed drifting is very possible, you will not be disappointed.
Porsche produced just 918 units of Spyder, had a starting price of $845,000 in the United States where the optional Weissach Package commanded a massive premium of $85,000 for a grand total of $930,000. Nowadays a used Porsche 918 Spyder is listed for $1.2-2.0 million but it’s worth every bucks. Generally speaking the Spyder seems like the best deal of its kind.
|Value for the Money||5 / 5|
|Interior Design||5 / 5|
|Performance||5 / 5|
|Exterior Styling||5 / 5|
- Supercar Driver celebrates its 10-year anniversary with a 65-strong collection of automotive rarity. • Supercar DriverAt the face of adversity, Supercar Driver made history once again this week, bringing some of the world’s most rare and desirable cars together for our annual flagship event. On 20th October 2020, Donington Park in Derby was packed with supercars, hypercars and racing cars to celebrate 10 years of arranging some of the most sought after and exclusive automotive…
- DRAG RACE – McLaren P1 vs Porsche Taycan Turbo S – REAL WORLD!McLaren P1 vs Porsche Taycan Turbo S Drag race. Ladies and gentlemen… place your bets! Who will win in one of the ultimate drag races ever between the legendary McLaren P1 and the all new all-electric Porsche Taycan Turbo S! Will the 916 combined horsepower of the P1 be enough to catch the Taycan over 1/4 mile? Or will the…
- Best Supercars & Exotics Of 2020Ladies and Gentlemen, it’s that special time of the year again here at supercars.net! With the end of the 2020 calendar year quickly approaching, we are back at it to present you with this year’s list of awesome cars, in our annual ‘best supercars & exotics’ list. This year in particular has been a special one, for more than a…
- American Cops Hate Supercars Mega CompilationMake sure to check out my Beverly Hills Cops vs Supercars too! Make sure to check out Part 1 here: ____________________ My Gear to Make Videos: Sony AX-53: http://amzn.to/2gqMamm Circular Polarizer: http://amzn.to/2hknuxV Microphone: http://amzn.to/2gqRsyx Gopro 1: http://amzn.to/2gCjl9V Gopro 2: http://amzn.to/2guDsII Laptop – http://amzn.to/2hkpLJ7 DSLR: http://amzn.to/2hk7peg Lens: http://amzn.to/2hkcZgB Subscribe: http://tinyurl.com/ja2hjl5 Instagram: https://instagram.com/effspot Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/effspot
- Exclusive: One-off Bugatti Track Hypercar to be unveiled soon!Exactly a month back, we had reported that Bugatti was planning to reveal a track hypercar in October. Well, it seems we won’t have to wait much longer. Sources have told us that Bugatti’s track car is ready and could be unveiled soon. Contrary to previous reports, we’ve been told that it is unlikely to get an electric powertrain. If…
- When PORSCHE drivers lose their mind► What happens when PORSCHE drivers meet? ► What happens when porsche drivers decide to drive fast, like there is no tomorrow and they lose their mind? Nothing more than fun! ► PORSCHE is a great car manufacturer; their cars are awesome and very complete. From going to the office to race on track, they always give you good moments.…